Greenside Vet Practice acknowledge that our operations influence the environment and have identified key areas that contribute our environmental and carbon footprint:
- consumption of electricity, gas, water and other fuels
- use of anaesthetic gases
- waste generation
- use of raw materials, including materials and medications
- procured goods and services with their own environmental impact
We are proud that Greenside Vets are working towards their Bronze accreditation from Investors in the Environment (iiE).
Our environmental commitment can be demonstrated in our established objectives and goals below:
- compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and public/customer expectations
- monitoring our key resource usage and implementing conservation techniques to achieve our environmental targets
- implement a waste/recycling policy and sustainable procurement policy
- minimising unsustainable transport use
- take part in One Health sustainability project with our Associates
- working with suppliers to ensure they acknowledge and decrease the environmental impact of their products and transportation
We will continue to improve our environmental management system by working to the Investors in the Environment (iiE) criteria, considering any changes in legislation, our organisation, and other factors. We will convey this policy to all our employees ensuring that they are provided with training to increase awareness of environmental matters.
Jolene Wilson and Catherine Cameron are our Sustainability Lead and has designated responsibility for the day- to-day implementation of this policy.
Greenside Vet Practice will make this policy available when requested to interested parties including members of the public, including making a copy available on the group website.
Name: __Jolene Wilson__
Position: Practice Manager for Greenside Vet Practice